Online lessons have always been offered as part of my business.
During the current crisis all lessons are now given online.
- The same one-to-one private tuition is still provided.
- The same careful attention to the needs of each child is still provided.
- Lessons are still fun, engaging and relevant.
Tuition can take any of the following formats or a combinations of them in literacy/numeracy or both subjects in one lesson.
- Help with homework packs from school
- Help for children who face barriers to learning
- General practice for children whose parents feel their child may fall behind due to all schools currently being closed.
- Preparation for SATs and entrance exams next year.
The one positive that can be stated during the current crisis is that:
- Children have responded to online tuition in a really positive way.
- They have shown maturity and take more responsibility because there is not adult sitting next to them.
- Technology is their forte and it shows.
To teach online I use:
- Google Docs
- A free interactive whiteboard
- WhatsApp video calls because they have proved to be the most reliable.